Contact Goodwins

Although we do not undertake legal aid work there are many different ways to fund your case.

Any details or information provided will at all times remain strictly confidential.

Home » Advice Centre » FAQ: How do I apply for a Financial Order during divorce?

FAQ: How do I apply for a Financial Order during divorce?

Posted on: 2 January 2018 by Goodwins Family Law Solicitors

Formerly known as an ancillary relief order, a financial remedy order is applied for if you and your partner can’t reach an agreement as to the division of finances at the end of a relationship. If you apply for a financial remedy order, there is a court fee of £255 and the court will then give directions on the next steps to be taken. The process usually takes around 6-12 months to complete, and you will usually have to attend court on at least two occasions.

Needing some professional advice on your divorce proceedings? You can contact Goodwins Family Law today to book an initial fixed fee consultation for a confidential discussion and we’ll be happy to help. We are situated in Harrow, London, with on site car parking and accessible from public transport links. Alternatively, if you are overseas we possess the capabilities to arrange a Skype call with you if it is more convenient.

Goodwins Family Law Solicitors is a registered company in England. © Goodwins Family Law Solicitors 2022. All Rights Reserved.

Adtrak Logo

By clicking "Accept All Cookies", you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, assist in our marketing efforts, and for personalised advertising.

More Information Accept All Cookies