Contact Goodwins

Although we do not undertake legal aid work there are many different ways to fund your case.

Any details or information provided will at all times remain strictly confidential.

Home » Advice Centre » FAQ: What is an Occupation Order?

FAQ: What is an Occupation Order?

Posted on: 2 January 2018 by Goodwins Family Law Solicitors

An occupation order is an order issued by the court that decides who has the right to live in – or be excluded from – a family home. This is used, usually, on a short term basis, to protect domestic abuse victims from abusive partners. The length of time that the order lasts for is dependent on your circumstances, and it does not affect the financial shares in a home.

In order to apply for an occupation order you will need to meet a certain criteria. Goodwins will happily offer legal advise on whether you are eligible and the process involved.

Needing some professional advice on an occupation order? You can get in touch with Goodwins Family Law today to book an initial fixed fee consultation for a confidential discussion and we’ll be happy to help. We are located in Harrow, London, with on site car parking and accessible from public transport links. Alternatively, if you are overseas we possess the capabilities to arrange a Skype call with you if it is more convenient.

Goodwins Family Law Solicitors is a registered company in England. © Goodwins Family Law Solicitors 2022. All Rights Reserved.

Adtrak Logo

By clicking "Accept All Cookies", you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, assist in our marketing efforts, and for personalised advertising.

More Information Accept All Cookies