020 7887 2072

2:20 am GMT Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm

If you want to make an enquiry when we are closed, please complete our contact form

[X] Close Form
Quick Contact To find out more about any of our services, contact us today by simply giving us a call or filling out your details in the form below:

FAQs & Advice - Islamic Divorce

Arrange a Consultation Meet Our Team

If I get divorced abroad under Sharia law, can I bring a financial claim in England?

You may be able to bring about a financial claim in England if you were divorced abroad under Sharia Law, thanks to the Matrimonial and Family Proceeding Act 1984. In order to be able to bring a claim, you must have had a valid marriage in accordance with the rules of the country you married in, a divorce that had judicial involvement, and you must meet the English courts’ jurisdictional requirements.

Before attempting to proceed with any financial claim, it is important that you seek the advice of professional solicitors like Goodwins Family Law Solicitors so you are fully aware of what to expect when making such a claim.