020 7887 2072

12:02 am GMT Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm

If you want to make an enquiry when we are closed, please complete our contact form

[X] Close Form
Quick Contact To find out more about any of our services, contact us today by simply giving us a call or filling out your details in the form below:

FAQs & Advice - International Divorce

Arrange a Consultation Meet Our Team

Am I allowed to stay in the UK after my divorce?

If you are in the UK as a dependent on your partner’s visa, then your visa will be revoked after separation or divorce. You will then need to check your eligibility to stay in the UK and then apply for a new visa if possible. If you can’t get a visa, then you may need to leave the UK.

It is important that both you and your partner tell the Home Office you are separating or divorcing. If you don’t, any future visa applications that you make could be hindered.

Goodwins Family Law Solicitors are experts in international divorce, however do not specialise in immigration law. If you find yourself in this situation, it is recommended you seek advice from a specialist in this field and discuss the circumstances with the Home Office.