020 7887 2072

Child custody & maintenance - FAQs & Advice

Arrange a Consultation Meet Our Team

My ex-partner and I are divorced but have children together. Do I need permission to take them to see my family overseas, even though I have custody?

You absolutely have to obtain the permission of the other parent, or person with parental responsibility before taking your children abroad. Doing so without permission is child abduction and is a criminal offence. If you have a child arrangement order that says the child must live with you, you can take the child abroad for 28 days without needing permission, unless there is a court order that states you can’t.