Contact Goodwins

Although we do not undertake legal aid work there are many different ways to fund your case.

Any details or information provided will at all times remain strictly confidential.

Home » Advice Centre » FAQ: Am I allowed to stay in the UK after my divorce?

FAQ: Am I allowed to stay in the UK after my divorce?

Posted on: 2 January 2018 by Goodwins Family Law Solicitors

If you are in the UK as a dependent on your partner’s visa, then your visa will be revoked after separation or divorce. You will then need to check your eligibility to stay in the UK and then apply for a new visa if possible. If you can’t get a visa, then you may need to leave the UK.

It is important that both you and your partner tell the Home Office you are separating or divorcing. If you don’t, any future visa applications that you make could be hindered.

Goodwins Family Law Solicitors are experts in international divorce, however do not specialise in immigration law. If you find yourself in this situation, it is recommended you seek advice from a specialist in this field and discuss the circumstances with the Home Office.

Needing some expert advice on international divorce? You can contact Goodwins Family Law today to book an initial fixed fee consultation for a confidential discussion and we’ll be happy to help. We are situated in Harrow, London, with on site car parking and accessible from public transport links. Alternatively, if you are overseas we possess the capabilities to arrange a Skype call with you if it is more convenient.

Goodwins Family Law Solicitors is a registered company in England. © Goodwins Family Law Solicitors 2022. All Rights Reserved.

Adtrak Logo

By clicking "Accept All Cookies", you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, assist in our marketing efforts, and for personalised advertising.

More Information Accept All Cookies